Twelve Nepali journalists attended the first of two training on data-driven journalism in Kathmandu from September to November 2020.
The blended learning course, which consisted of six-days of face-to-face attendance phase followed by seven weeks of e-learning and a final attendance phase of five days, focused a lot of attention on hygienic measures and safety standards.
The journalists who received training fellowships to attend the course were:
- Mr. Kanchan Adhikari, coordinator, eKantipur.com
- Ms. Indira Aryal, reporter, The Rising Nepal daily
- Mr. KP Dhungana, former editor, NepalLive.com / Sukrabaar weekly
- Ms. Sujata Khatri, reporter, Deshsanchar.com
- Ms. Chetana Kunwar, fact-checker, NepalFactCheck
- Mr. Suman Kumar Luitel, editor, Abhiyantv.com
- Ms. Praju Panta, reporter, NepalLive.com
- Ms. Swechhya Raut, reporter, Pahilopost.com
- Mr. Manoj Satyal, multimedia coordinator, setopati.com
- Ms. Shruti Shrestha, reporter, NepalPublic.com
- Mr. Umesh Shrestha, editor, NepalFactCheck
- Ms. Pragya Timsina, reporter, Image Channel
The Data Journalism for Nepal project is sponsored by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.